Dictate tasks and stay up-to-date on what you need to get done using just your voice. Siri can add tasks and pull up any task view you need.
Add tasks using Siri
To add tasks using Siri, simply call up Siri and use natural language to add tasks. You can use a few types of sentences to ensure that Siri understands what you want to do:
- Add [task name] in Todoist
- Add a task named [task name] in Todoist
- Remind me to [task name] in Todoist
You can also add a due date and time and/or a project to any task using voice commands:
- Add [task name] [due date and time] in Todoist
- Add [task name] to my [project name] list in Todoist
When viewing or adding tasks with projects, you need to use the word “list” after the project name. Siri doesn't understand "project" yet.
- Remind me to call John tomorrow at 5pm in Todoist
- Add buy milk to my groceries list in Todoist
- Add go for a jog in Todoist
When you add a task without a project, it will be added to your Todoist Inbox.
View tasks using Siri
Easily ask Siri to pull up a list of tasks by date or project, or both. Here are a few examples of voice commands you can use:
- Show me all the tasks for today in Todoist
- Show me all the tasks for the next 7 days in Todoist
- Show me all the tasks for today between 10am and 12am in Todoist
- Show me the shopping list in Todoist
As you can see, you’ll need to say “in Todoist” to the end of any Siri request so she understands what to do.
Q: Can I use Siri with Todoist on iOS 10?
A: Using Siri with Todoist will only work on iOS 11 and up.
Q: Siri isn't understanding me even though I'm using the right sentences!
A: Sometimes, Siri can be a bit unpredictable. You may have to try pronouncing Todoist as "Tah-do-ist". Try varying the speed you speak the sentence, and rest assured that Siri does learn, although it takes time.
Q: Can I use Siri with Todoist in other languages?
A: You can use Todoist with Siri in all the languages supported by Siri. Sometimes it can be a bit unpredictable, though, and you may have to vary your pronunciation of the word "Todoist" or the speed and way you speak.
If your language is supported and Siri isn't understanding you, you can find out how to add tasks in your language in the example phrases mid-way down this Apple support page. You can also find out how to view tasks using the example phrases on this page.
Q: Can I use Siri with Todoist on Mac or Apple Watch?
A: Not yet, but stay tuned for updates.
Q: Can I see some more examples of what works and doesn't?
A: Here's a handy quick reference of what works, and what doesn't when using Siri with Todoist.