If Todoist isn't syncing your task list properly, there are a few ways to try and solve the problem:
If you're using multiple Todoist apps
If you use multiple Todoist apps, and they aren't syncing your task list correctly (for instance, the iOS app and the Windows app both show different task lists), we recommend that you identify which platform is failing to sync and then report it to support.
To identify which app is failing to sync, we suggest logging in to Todoist web and comparing that task list with the task lists shown on your apps.
To make sure you have the latest update of Todoist web, you should first log out of Todoist web and then log back in.
After re-logging into Todoist web, the task list you'll see is most likely the correct task list stored in our database. You can compare that to your app's task lists.
For example, if you're using Todoist for iOS and Todoist for Windows and having trouble, compare them to the web to see which one isn't working:
- If you've added a task to Todoist for iOS that doesn't appear in Todoist for Web, then Todoist for iOS is having problems.
- If you've added a task to Todoist for iOS that does appear in Todoist for Web, but doesn't appear in Todoist for Windows, you've got a problem with Todoist for Windows.
You can use this approach with any two apps to determine where the problem lies.
Once you have this information, you can then report your finding to our support team. This will be very helpful for our developer to pinpoint the issue and get you up and running.
Why is Todoist failing to sync between my apps?
Typically, the problem is one of two issues for either app. The app is either not writing to our database properly, or the app isn't updating from our database properly.
For instance, if you are using iOS and Windows and they aren't syncing properly, it could be one of these four situations:
- iOS app failing to write: The iOS app isn't properly writing to our database, so when you load Todoist in other apps, they don't receive the latest update from iOS.
- iOS app failing to read: Other apps are writing to the database properly, but the iOS app is failing to receive the update.
- Windows app failing to write: The Windows app isn't properly writing to our database, so when you load Todoist in other apps, they don't receive the latest update.
- Windows app failing to read: Other apps are writing to the database properly, but the Windows app is failing to receive the update.
Compare your task list with Todoist web to find out where the problem lies.